- William M. Scherer
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Phone: (415) 433-1099
- Fax: (415) 433-9434
Areas of Expertise:
- Business Representation (formation and organization, strategic growth and ongoing business and commercial issues, mergers and acquisitions, and sales)
- Software Licensing and Copyright
- Extensive Real Estate Practice (homeowners’ associations – boards and members, real estate purchases, sales, and financing, entity formation, commercial leases, and subdivision development)
- Estate and Trusts Counseling
- Expert in Law of Nonprofit Trade Associations, Public Benefit, and Mutual Benefit Corporations
- Berkeley Law, University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall (J.D. 1988)
- University of California, Davis (B.A., 1984) with Honors
Bill applies his 27 years of hands-on experience in law to promote his clients’ goals for success. As the founder of Scherer Smith & Kenny LLP, Bill is trusted counsel who values building long-term relationships.
Bill counsels businesses of all sizes and across a range of industries – from start-ups to mature, multi-state businesses. He has deep experience in licensing and other copyright issues. In addition, Bill extensively advises clients in all areas of real estate, including commercial leasing, entity formation and financing, and real estate development, with a unique focus in California common interest development matters; Bill represents dozens of homeowners’ associations within the Bay Area. Bill also has a robust estates and trusts practice, meeting the needs of the owners and executives of his many business and real estate clients.
Bill’ pragmatic approach initially focuses on intensely analyzing the legal and factual issues presented in order to determine a range of solutions. By placing the issue first, his clients are provided with a clear understanding of their options and control over achieving their goals. His unselfish, collaborative style and ability to communicate effectively with opposing counsel is a key factor to the successful outcomes his clients achieve. In addition, Scherer Smith & Kenny’s broad expertise provides ideal opportunities for Bill to match clients with the other specialties practiced by his colleagues, delivering expert service in a broad range of legal services.
Prior to joining with Brandon Smith to form Scherer & Smith, LLP in 1998, which would later become Scherer Smith & Kenny LLP, Bill worked for five years at two San Francisco firms and then opened his own office, the Law Offices of William M. Scherer, in 1993.
Bill is a member of the business law, real estate, intellectual property, and estates and trusts sections of the California State Bar, as well as a member of the San Francisco Bar Association. Bill is a life-long, 6th generation Bay Area resident, and has lived and practiced from his San Francisco base since graduating in 1988 from Berkeley Law at the University of California, Berkeley.